Real-time Data Monitoring System for Satellite Subsystems
Our client encountered the following challenges:
- Difficulty in analyzing the data in a consolidated manner
- Hard to process individual or other essential information due to large number of channels
- Required real-time data monitoring system for the acquisition and storage of both analog and digital at the same time
In satellites, solar panels serve a critical role in charging the satellite and allowing it to fulfill its mission. If there is a problem with the rotation of the panels, it will disrupt the satellite's movement, changing its functions and purpose.
Our team designed the ATS Controller, NiOX 2100, a microcontroller-based data acquisition and control system that is connected to the Solar Array Drive Electronics (SADE) through cables, to prevent such a mishap and to regulate the panels. Depending on the number of SADA units to be tested, the same ATS Controller can be linked to one or two SADE units at the same time.
NiOX View, the console software, works as a master host system, reading data from the controller and displaying it. It can also give the controller the commands it needs. Any commands, such as power turning on/off the power, issuing many sets of commands from the console, or individually issuing a group of commands through the console to the controller. If there is a problem in the command, we can force shutdown or a similar/related set of commands.
The augmented reality for education as a solution was able to make some incredible advances in the learning process. The departure from traditional training paradigms resulted in a more intriguing and immersive learning experience for the pupils.
The solutions incorporated were:
- Built a Zynq microcontroller-based data acquisition and control system, NiOX 2100
- Developed NiOX View, a console software that operates as a master host system reading the data from the controller and displaying them
- Hardware and software solutions for data acquisition, monitoring and control
NiOX can be used to test a variety of devices with minimal reconfigurations:
- Improves process efficiency and reliability
- Automates data processing operations reducing errors
- Easier to access the database and to retrieve information for processing and analysis